Using medical marijuana oil can provide a lot of benefits but despite that, there are still some people who debates that claim while there are those who embraces the fact. No matter which side you choose, you can follow the guidelines below if you want to know how to create your own medical marijuana oil.
But before we dig into the steps, you first need to be clear about the common terminologies that surround this topic. This will ensure that you will avoid confusion and not get mixed up on the facts.
Download our FREE
Want to know more about how to grow marijuana?
How to get bigger yield and when to harvest?
Then download our ebook now!!
Marijuana and Hemp are Both Subspecies or Varieties of the Cannabis Sativa
Marijuana is usually considered to contain higher cannabinoid and THC. These 2 contain cannabinoids or a group of chemicals that help stimulate the cell membrane receptors. Of all the cannabinoids, the most famous among them is the THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). You need to have the female plant so that you will be able to create effective medical marijuana oil.
Hemp Seed Oil is Not Similar to Medical Marijuana Oil
The hemp seed oil is usually cold-compressed and is made using the seeds of the hemp plant. It is rich in essential fatty oils and is mainly used for its nutritional benefits. It can be purchased in health food stores and is sometimes mislabeled as “hemp oil”. A real hemp oil is made from the buds of the female marijuana plant. The plant’s cannabinoids and THC allows it to provide impact on the cells and can offer several medical benefits.
The other terms for medical marijuana oil are cannabis oil, hemp oil or hash oil.
Making Medical Marijuana Oil with Olive Oil
- Acquire 10g outgrown cannabis small leaves and buds then heat it up in the oven for about 30 minutes at 105’C.
- Take out half of the plant from the oven then leave the remaining half inside. Increase the temperature to 120’C for 30 minutes more.
- Take it out then grind the dry stuff finely using a coffee grinder.
- Clean the grinder using a small brush and use all the fine powder. In a little pan, mix the fine powder and 100 ml of native olive oil and heat it up.
- Warm it up slowly until it starts to boil softly. After that, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer on a very low heat for about 9 to 10 minutes. Stir the mixture for the entire 9 minute duration.
- You will notice that the green color of the plant material has now changed to golden brown. It may produce some fumes but you shouldn’t mind that and never allow it to become black because that is a sign of overheating.
- Extract the mixture using a 3 way fraction. After 3 minutes, strain out a third of the mixture and let it rest simmer for 3 minutes then strain another third. After that, take out the fire. Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes and strain the last third using a metal kitchen sieve. Press the oil out as much as you can using a tablespoon in the sieve.
- You can ingest the oil orally or you can mix it up in a recipe of your choice. Make sure that you don’t exceed the recommended dosage unless a medical professional tells you to.