Smoking is a classic way of consuming marijuana. After all, it’s intense, fast-acting, and long-lasting. Unfortunately, not all users enjoy breathing in the thick, cannabinoid-filled smoke. Maybe their lungs and throat are easily irritated – or they simply prefer something more discreet. Vaping, in this case, is the way to go.
This inhalation method is slightly different from smoking. There are also various types of vaping devices in the market, so it’s important to know how to choose the best one for your specific needs and preferences. Below, we discuss how to smoke weed out of a vape for a gratifying high.
How to Vape Weed
Vaporizing involves heating dried marijuana flowers or concentrates to 200°C (392°F). This temperature is high enough to decarboxylate or activate the cannabinoids, but low enough not to combust the plant matter. Hence, no smoke is created. This means that vaping doesn’t produce toxins, carcinogens, and respiratory irritants, making it a safer alternative to smoking.
Aside from this, vaping boasts plenty of other appealing qualities. Like any inhalation method, it also generates rapid-acting effects, which may last anywhere between 2 and 4 hours. Furthermore, vaped cannabis appears to be more bioavailable than smoked weed, resulting in much stronger effects.
Another thing to love about vaping is that it’s versatile and available in many options. Tabletop vaporizers, portable vaporizers, and vape wax pens, without a doubt, are three of the most popular ones.
I. How to Smoke Weed Out of Tabletop Vapes
Tabletop vaporizers are also known as desktop or forced air vapes. Being bulky and heavy, they’re not designed for use on the go but are perfect for home use. They’re also stationary and need to be plugged into the wall to work. In general, they include a heating chamber, heating element, temperature control, and a mouthpiece. These heavy-duty vapes typically rely on the principle of convection heating to indirectly vaporize the dried herbs. Meanwhile, they supply the vapor either via balloon bags or tubing.
Desktop vapes can be enjoyed solo or with a group of friends. The use of electricity means that you can indulge in long vaping sessions without worrying about running out of power. Meanwhile, the highly advanced features enable you to customize the consumption experience better.
- Carefully read the manual. That’s because the exact steps on how to operate the unit may vary from one product to another.
- Plug in your tabletop vaporizer. Turn it on. Allow it to warm up for the recommended amount of time. This can range from a few seconds to a few minutes.
- While waiting, grind your marijuana flowers. Most models will require a fine to medium grind. Use a high-quality herb grinder for a consistent grind. But if you don’t have one, scissors or even your bare hands will do.
- Load the ground-up buds inside the heating chamber. How much plant matter you can fit inside the chamber varies from one unit to unit. But, most vapes can hold around 1/4 to 1/2 gram of ground marijuana. In any case, make sure you don’t overpack, which could interfere with airflow.
- Some devices enable you to set your desired temperature. For vaping, the optimal temperature ranges between 350°F (177°C) and 400°F (204°C).
- Inhale slowly and deeply from the mouthpiece. On the exhale, you should see the vapor and taste the unique flavors of your chosen strain.
- Sit back and relax. Stand by for at least 10 minutes, waiting for the effects to kick in. If you think you can handle some more, then take another slow, measured drag.
II. How to Smoke Weed Out of Portable Vapes
Portable vaporizers are essentially scaled-down versions of tabletop models. But unlike their larger counterparts, they don’t need a power source to work. Instead, they run on rechargeable batteries, allowing you to vape wherever you want. Being handy and easily carried, they’re ideal for those who are always on the go.
One of the best things about portable vapes is that they’re available in dry herbs and oil models. Both types generally use conduction or direct heat contact to vaporize weed, and typically warm up the plant material at a single temperature. Finally, they deliver the vapor via direct draw, so all that’s left to do is inhale the resulting cloud.
- Go through the manual. Make sure you already have a general idea of how to operate the device before getting right into it.
- Ensure that your portable vape is fully charged before use.
- Start grinding the plant matter if that’s what you plan on toking. Go for a consistent grind to facilitate a smooth, even burning. Make sure that it’s not too fine, though. Otherwise, the tiny bits may just end up clogging the portable vape.
- After grinding, load the flowers into the heating chamber. Be careful not to pack too tightly. Remember, you want to leave enough room for proper airflow. If you’re using concentrates, on the other hand, simply load up a small amount into the chamber using a dab tool. Never use your bare hands.
- Close your vape. Make sure that it’s securely fastened.
- If your device permits it, set your preferred vaping temperature.
- Inhale through the mouthpiece. Do so deeply but in a relaxed manner, savoring the flavorful cannabinoid-rich vapors.
- Exhale with the same leisure. Enjoy.
III. How to Smoke Weed Out of Vape Pens
Due to convenience and affordability, vape pens are becoming increasingly popular nowadays. Essentially, they’re small, handheld, and battery-powered devices that resemble a pen – hence the name. In other words, they’re discreet and can be used anytime, anywhere. Most models rely run on conduction heating and use atomizers to directly vaporize the oils, concentrates, juices, or dried flowers. Aside from the atomizer, vape pens also include a cartridge or tank, sensors, battery, and charger.
- Check if the included battery is already fully charged upon purchase. If not, charge it first. Your unit may have either an integrated or removable battery. If it’s the latter, you may have to detach the battery from the cartridge to access the charging port.
- Wait until the battery charges completely. This can take anywhere between 1 to 4 hours. The charger will likely have an indicator light, which will change in color to signal when the battery is ready for use.
- If you’re using dry herbs, now is the time to grind them to coarse bits. Otherwise, ready your preferred vaping ingredients.
- Fill the tank with the ground-up nugs, but make sure not to pack too aggressively. Meanwhile, if you’re using shatter, wax, and other cannabis concentrates, use a dabber to apply a small amount on the atomizer. Do the same if you’re using vape oils or juices. Finally, if you’re using pre-filled cartridges, all you have to do is attach it securely to the battery.
- Once the battery is fully charged, attach it to the loaded tank. Ensure that it’s secure and snug.
- Draw in the aromatic vapors through the mouthpiece. Take note that some units require the press of the button to activate, while others automatically switch on upon inhalation.
- Wait for the psychoactive effects to take hold. After about 10 minutes, take another hit if desired. Enjoy.
A Healthier Way to Smoke Marijuana
In the long-term using a dry herb vape is going to be healthier and will save you money, however, buying a good one isn’t cheap. So, after you’ve found your perfect device, check for a vape discount code and keep those costs down. You can’t put a price on health, but we’d all rather have more money for bud.
For die-hard cannabis lovers, smoking is the way to go for an out-of-this-world high. Unfortunately, this classic consumption method is not for everyone. Some users, for instance, might be extra sensitive to smoke. Meanwhile, others might be worried about the potential health risks of smoking and are looking for a safer alternative. Or, some individuals may simply prefer the convenience and versatility of vapes. The list goes on and on.
Lucky for you, there’s a variety of ways to smoke weed out of a vape. Tabletop vaporizers are ideal if you want leisurely smoking sessions or a more customized experience. Meanwhile, portable vape pens are designed for vaping on the go and are perfectly suitable both for dry herbs and concentrates. Finally, vape pens are a match made in heaven for users who prefer to be extra discreet while toking up. Each method is fairly straightforward and easy to follow. More importantly, whatever you choose, rest assured that you’ll get a flavorful, aromatic toking experience and a mind-blowing high.