Tired of the same old high every single time, and want something more hard-hitting? Try marijuana moon rocks. They are ultra-potent and will send even seasoned users straight to the clouds. Plus, they are smooth and extremely delectable, stimulating not only your mind and body but also your senses. Below, we tell you how to smoke moon rocks weed for an out-of-this-world high.
What Are Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are simply cannabis flower nugs that have been dipped in or sprayed with sticky extracts, such as hash oil, then rolled in kief. As you may know, kief refers to the crystal-like trichomes or resin glands that have fallen off the buds or have been sifted through. The result is a super potent marijuana product that is not for the faint of heart. Even seasoned smokers, in fact, will have to proceed with caution.
The origins of moon rocks are somewhat hazy, but according to rumors, the dispensary Starbudz760 first came up with them. And when West Coast rapper Kurupt hyped up the product and even concocted his own version, moon rocks rose into popularity even further.
The moniker “moon rocks” likely comes from the unique appearance of the doctored nugs. That is, they literally resemble a slab of lunar material. Alternatively, the quirky nickname may also pertain to their ability to produce an intense high, making users feel like they are flying straight to the moon.
One final note. Be aware that moon rocks are sometimes called “cannabis caviar.” Originally, though, they refer to two distinct things. Specifically, caviar is similar to moon rocks, but without the generous coating of kief. But nowadays, cannabis users usually use two terms interchangeably. In any case, if you want a mind-blowing high, make sure to go for something that is liberally coated in kief.
Why Smoke Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are specially created for cannabis connoisseurs who want an elevated smoking experience. If you’re a long-time user, for example, then you’ve probably already developed a tolerance to weed. As such, you may need to consume a higher dose to feel any noticeable effects. Or, maybe the psychoactive effects are just starting to feel lackluster at best. Moon rocks can definitely spice things up for you.
Being incredibly potent, this ingenious cannabis product is cost-effective. A little goes a long way with it and you’ll only need a small amount to achieve your desired psychotropic effects. This quality makes it a godsend not only for recreational users but also for patients who are medicating with THC.
Finally, moon rocks are an absolute delight to the senses as well. Once lit up, the thick blanket of kief delivers a rich burst of high-terpene flavors, while the dense nug produces large, velvety smooth clouds. Add the celestial high to the list, and you’ll be trekking to the moon in no time at all.
In summary, here are some of the reasons to smoke moon rocks:
- Produces a mind-boggling high unlike any other.
- Aromatic, flavorful, and honey-smooth hits.
- Takes the weed-smoking experience to unparalleled heights.
- Great for medical marijuana patients.
- Highly novel and can make you the star of the party.
How Strong Are Moon Rocks?
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to tell the exact THC concentration of moon rocks, as it depends on so many factors. It includes the strain and how they are made. Not to mention, it may also vary from batch to batch. But the consensus is that they boast a potency of around 50% THC. That is a far cry from the 20% THC content of most dried flowers. Put simply, moon rocks are intense and are not to be taken lightly. So, if you’re just a novice smoker, it may not be the best option for you.
What Are the Effects of Moon Rocks?
As with any other marijuana product, it is impossible to say exactly how moon rocks will affect you. Aside from the potency, you will have to factor in your tolerance, too. But one thing is for sure: they will get you super duper buzzed. Trust us, even strains with soaring THC concentrations will not come close to the devastating high it produces.
Once smoked, the massive, fragrant smoke will immediately envelop you, while the rich, full-bodied taste of kief will tickle your palate. As a one-and-done product, a single hit can already be your ticket to the moon. The psychoactive kick takes hold immediately, reaching its climax within half an hour or so. Rather than a burst of euphoria, moon rocks are known to produce an intense, slow-burning stone with a touch of mental uplift and happiness. Users report being on cloud nine much longer than usual – with the intoxication sometimes lingering until the following day.
As mentioned, people have also used moon rocks for therapeutic purposes. Rest assured, it will supply powerful symptom relief. Specifically, it is ideal for individuals who are suffering from severe anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and inflammation, among others.
Since moon rocks are extremely potent, they can cause adverse effects if consumed in excess. It rings even more true if you have a low marijuana tolerance. Instead of experiencing elation and a profound yet relaxing physical stone, you’ll probably just be incapacitated and scared out of your wits.
Here are some of the common side effects of moon rocks:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rapid heart rate
- Dry, bloodshot eyes
- Dry mouth or cottonmouth
- Extreme hunger or the munchies
How Do You Make Your Own Moon Rocks?
Not all moon rocks are created equal. Some unscrupulous individuals, for instance, may sell moon rocks that were made with the lowest-quality weed. Or, they may have used oils that are laden with toxic chemicals. Even if you can find a reputable dealer, the best option is still to make it from scratch. Moon rocks, after all, can cost around $300 per ounce – or up to a whopping $2,000 per pound. That is to say, they can cause your wallet to run dry in the blink of an eye.
Making your own moon rocks doesn’t only help you save precious bucks. It also guarantees the quality, safety, and potency of the product. Lucky for you, they are fairly straightforward to whip up. In fact, you’ll only need five things to get started:
- High-quality cannabis buds
- Hash oil
- A liquid dropper
Ready a nug or two of your favorite marijuana flowers. The denser, the better. For best results, stick to some top-shelf, perfectly trimmed nuggets.
Take your preferred cannabis concentrate. You want it to have a slightly runny texture, making it easy to manipulate. If it is too thick, heat it a little until you achieve the desired consistency.
Use the dropper to coat your nugs with the sticky weed essence. This allows for a more even application. At the same time, it also prevents oversaturation, which could result in longer drying times. On top of that, it can make the moon rocks more difficult to blaze up, too.
Use the tongs to grab the hot, gluey buds. Roll them in kief until the exterior is blanketed in crystal.
Allow your moon rocks to fully dry. It might be tempting to smoke it then and there, but be patient. Just make sure to keep them in a cool, dry place. Otherwise, your magnum opus might start melting.
How Do You Smoke Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are consumed like any other nug. That is, you can load them into a joint, bowl, pipe, or even pipe. But according to connoisseurs, these trailblazing canna-products are best consumed either in a bong or a pipe.
Let’s get one thing out of the way. It is not recommended to smoke moon rocks weed by itself. You have to sprinkle them on top of some marijuana flower. After all, being slippery, moon rocks can be difficult to blaze up and keep cherried. And as mentioned earlier, they are ultra-potent so a tiny amount will already do. Most importantly, they are quite expensive and you probably won’t have bought enough moon rocks to smoke in one go.
Begin by breaking off one to two small pieces from the moon rock. You’ll have to do so by hand. Be careful not to pinch too hard, which may cause the concentrate to melt between your fingers. You don’t want to lose those precious cannabinoids and terpenes. Alternatively, you can also use a sharp razor or scissors to slice small wedges off the rock.
Whatever you do, don’t use an herb grinder at all costs. Since moon rocks are incredibly sticky, they will just glue themselves to the teeth of the grinder. In other words, you’ll be losing a lot of kief in the process.
Ready your smoking paraphernalia. Start packing the bowl or rolling the joint. Scatter a piece of moon rock on top of ground buds. If you want to take moon rocks the classic way, use Girl Scout Cookies as your base flower.
If you plan to smoke using a bong or pipe, try to use glassware. As always, make sure that your bong is clean, sterilized, and filled with enough water. Also, if possible, opt for a smaller bowl. This ensures that you’ll be packing and smoking only the amount you need, helping prevent wastage.
Blaze up your bowl or joint. Be aware that there will be a delay after you’ve heated the moon rock. That is because the fire has to melt the outer wax first before reaching the regular ground flowers underneath. Patience is key for an even burning.
Do you finally see some glorious smoke forming? Get ready. You’re about to draw in the most powerful hit of your life.
Safety Tips When Smoking Moon Rocks
- Eat beforehand. Try to eat a nourishing meal before hopping onto the THC train. This way, you’re less likely to get the munchies later on. Or, at the very least, you’ll be able to keep your cravings in check.
- Stay hydrated. Aside from eating, make sure to hydrate well before lighting up the nugs. Have lots of water on hand as well. You will need it during and after the toking session, especially once you start experiencing cottonmouth. Not to mention, you probably won’t be able to leave your seat once the body stone has taken hold.
- Get your responsibilities out of the way. You never truly know how moon rocks will affect you until you’ve tried them. So, you want to be prepared for any adverse effects. If you have to go to work right after, for instance, you won’t be able to deal with any unpredictable outcomes. If possible, finish all of your tasks and try to clear your schedule for the rest of the day before smoking. For sure, you’ll have a more gratifying toke when you’re not worrying about work and other social obligations.
- Consider your surroundings. Aside from the timing, factor in the environment, too. To avoid a bad trip, make sure to smoke in a safe, uplifting space with like-minded people (or alone, if that is your jam). After all, if you’re too paranoid about the authorities catching you, then you won’t have a good time. To be safe, just get buzzed at home, your friend’s home, or any other 420-friendly establishment. The last thing you want is to land in jail or pay hefty fines.
- Gauge your tolerance. Never consume more than what you think you can handle. That is a recipe for a disaster. When in doubt, err on the side of consuming less.
- Smoke with trusted people. If you’re with strangers, you might feel at ease the entire time. Not to mention, they are more likely to pressure you into taking in more than what you’re comfortable with. So, for good vibes and a chill toking session, try to stick with close friends.
- Take it slowly. Remember, moon rocks are potent. Don’t take them lightly. Start with small hits and try to space them out. Ideally, you should wait for several minutes – or longer – between each inhale.
Smoke Moon Rocks for a More Powerful High
Moon rocks are, without a doubt, the stuff of every marijuana lover’s dream. But, they are more than just visually striking. Instead, they are exceptionally potent that even seasoned cannabis users will have to tread carefully. On top of that, they are intensely aromatic and smooth-hitting, so much so that every inhale is already an otherworldly experience in itself. But as with any weed product, things may go south if you’re ill-prepared or take in too much. So, for an enjoyable 420 time, the key is to know your limits and consume in moderation. Also, make sure to smoke in a safe space with a relaxed environment. Follow our tips to the letter, and your mind will hurtle through space and stardust within minutes.