The peanut butter and chocolate combo is a tasty treat that a lot of sweet-toothed snackers love. There’s just something about the contrasting flavors of salty peanut butter and sweet chocolate that makes every bite satisfyingly delightful. But do you know what could be better than snacking on a creamy, gooey peanut butter ball coated in velvety chocolate that melts in your mouth? A version of it that gets you high, of course!
You could, of course, buy cannabombs and other marijuana food from a local dispensary. They can be costly, though. A better option is to make them yourself. This way, you have absolute control over the quality of the ingredients used. Store-bought products, unfortunately, may not be as pure as claimed.
To make peanut butter and chocolate cannabomb, you could make it a little simple. For example, prepare all the materials and ingredients. Purchase dried buds from a local dispensary and make cannabutter yourself. If you want to take it to another level, you may opt to obtain seeds and grow marijuana yourself inside the house.
One thing to keep in mind is to check the local laws and regulations. Be sure that you are allowed to possess and use marijuana. The same can also be said if you plan on growing some plants for personal use.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cannabomb Recipe
In this guide, we’ll teach you how to make peanut butter and chocolate cannabombs that will blow your mind away. One of the beauties of this recipe is that you don’t have to be a master chef to whip up this delectable treat. In fact, just about anyone can make it as long as you have the needed ingredients and equipment.
This recipe makes use of THC-infused butter, so if you haven’t already, then the first thing to do is to make cannabutter. Think of it much like the ultimate ingredient that makes it possible to make marijuana edibles. Once you make some, you could use a portion to make this recipe, while storing the rest for other types of foods – brownies, cookies, pasta, and so much more.
- Yield: 21 servings of 1-inch cannabombs
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 seconds/5 minutes
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tsp canola oil
- A pinch of sea salt for garnish
- Large glass bowl
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Double boiler
- Silicone brush
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, sugar vanilla extract, salt, and cannabutter. Make sure that the peanut butter and cannabutter are at room temperature so that it would be easier to incorporate.
- After thoroughly mixing the peanut butter mixture, put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes. It has to be partially solidified so that it would be easier to scoop later on.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate that will be used to coat the peanut butter balls. This could be done in two ways:
Double Boiler Method
Mix the oil with the chopped chocolate and allow it to melt in the double boiler for five (5) or so minutes. Stir it occasionally to make sure all the chocolate is thoroughly melted.
If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a heat-proof glass bowl placed on top of a pot halfway filled with boiling water. Make sure the water does not come in contact with the bottom part of the bowl.
Pour the oil on the chopped chocolate placed on a microwave-safe bowl. Melt it in the oven for 15 seconds, then stir. Then, put it back in the oven and heat for another 15 seconds.
This technique is fast, easy, and fuss-free, albeit prone to burning. Hence, you’ll have to stir it every 15 seconds.
- After melting the chocolate, set it aside and allow it to cool partially.
- Take out the peanut butter mixture from the fridge. Then, prepare your baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Dab your silicone spatula on a bit of oil, then use it to lightly grease your ice cream scooper. This step will prevent the peanut butter mixture from sticking onto your scooper.
- Use the scooper to portion out the peanut butter mixture into equally-sized balls. Then, dip the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate.
- Use a fork to move around the ball in the bowl of chocolate. Make sure that every inch of it is covered in chocolate.
- Place the chocolate-covered peanut butter balls onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Then, freeze it in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- The final step, of course, is inviting your edible-lover friends over and snacking on these delightfully delectable cannabombs!
We know it’s tempting to eat lots of these mouth-watering PB cannabombs, but remember to be mindful of the dose to prevent THC overconsumption. Remember, go low and slow.
Unlike smoking, vaping, and dabbing, edibles take quite a bit of time before its effects are felt. Depending on the amount of weed, and your physical constitution and conditioning, it could take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. After eating a cannabomb, do not assume that you have not consumed enough. Be patient, and wait.