Do you have an upcoming drug test with only a few days to prepare? Do not panic. You got this. Take a deep breath, then hide your stash so you will not be tempted to smoke some more. There is still a last resort that can help increase your chances of passing – detox drinks.
It might sound too good to be true. But if you know what to do and if you choose only reputable brands, then you can make it work for you.
The endless options in the market, though, can be overwhelming. Worse, many are subpar products that will only make you flunk the test. But there is no need to go through dozens of websites. In this article, we list down the most recommended detoxifying drinks for a successful drug test.
- 5 Detoxifying Drinks To Try Before A Drug Test
- Bonus: Tips On How To Maximize The Effects Of The Detox Drink
- Pass Your Drug Test With These Detox Drinks
5 Detoxifying Drinks To Try Before A Drug Test
When preparing for a drug test, you should avoid weed consumption for at least two weeks to flush out THC from the system. Since the compound and its metabolites may remain in the body for up to three months, some extend their abstinence period accordingly. This is the best-case scenario. Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of time.
This is where detoxifying drinks, which are formulated to boost your chances of passing a drug test, can come in handy.
As early as now, though, you should know that it is not the stuff of magic. It will not eliminate the toxins from your body completely. No drink, no matter how potent, could do that in a matter of hours. The cleansing process, after all, takes time.
So, how can detoxifying drinks help?
These beverages work by masking the toxins – in this case, THC – that leave the body, making them undetectable by drug tests. Once consumed, it flushes your system by inducing you to urinate. It also balances your pee and gets rid of the toxins in it.
Detox drinks regulate your urine, making it toxin-free. But you still have traces of cannabinoids from other parts of the body. Once the effects wear off, they can appear in your bladder.
Note: Detoxifying drinks target all the drug substances in the body – including THC. It cannot zero in on a particular toxin, so there should not be any detox products that are geared towards marijuana alone. If you find one, be aware that it is only a marketing ploy. Any established detox drink should be able to flush out THC and every other toxin.
1. Mega Clean Herbal Cleanse By Detoxify
Mega Clean Herbal Cleanse is a 32-ounce ready-to-drink infusion that comes in tropical fruit and wild berry flavors. It is enriched with Mata-boost – a proprietary blend of purifying herbs and a whole range of vitamins and minerals.
Getting ahold is easy as it is readily available in Walmart and reasonably priced. It is geared towards people with higher toxin levels than usual, as well as those who cannot commit to an extensive cleansing program due to time constraints.
While not as powerful as other options in the market, Mega Clean is among the most reliable. Once consumed, it lowers the toxin concentration in an hour, with the effectiveness peaking at three hours and lasting for up to five hours.
Avoid smoking weed for at least 48 hours prior if you can. It will help maximize the effects of the drink. For even better results, pair it with the brand’s PreCleanse Herbal Supplement. These are detox pills that you need to glug down with water 12 to 24 hours before taking Mega Clean.
Retail Price: $49.99
2. Rescue Cleanse Detox Drink By Clear Choice
Clear Choice is known for its bestselling synthetic urine, and their foray into detoxifying drinks does not disappoint.
Rescue Cleanse is available in two different sizes: 17 oz is designed for individuals weighing less than 200 lbs, and 32 oz is for those over 200 lbs. They come in delectable cran-apple and fruity watermelon flavors, respectively. Both will surely appeal even to the most discerning palates.
Rescue Cleanse is one of the go-to drinks of marijuana users who want to detox from THC metabolites – and many sing praises for its efficacy. You do have to pre-cleanse for at least 48 hours before consuming the product, which means steering clear of weed and other unnecessary medications. It is best taken on an empty stomach.
After drinking, wait for an hour before the effects kick in. It will also reach its peak effectiveness by then. Make sure to urinate as often as you can to eliminate the unwanted substances. Expect to be in the clear for up to five hours.
Retail Price: $45.00 (17 oz) and $55.00 (32 oz)
3. Rescue Detox Ice By Applied Sciences
Rescue Detox Ice is one of the cheaper options in this list. But don’t be fooled. Although budget-friendly, it packs quite a punch in terms of performance. It is also highly accessible, and you can easily buy it online or in select grocery and supplement stores.
This detoxifying drink features some of nature’s most powerful cleansing agents, including milk thistle, Psyllium husks, and goji berry. It comes in three mouthwatering flavors – cranberry, green tea, and blueberry. Even better, they are free of sweeteners, artificial dyes. As such, every sip is pure, clean, and healthy.
Like Clear Choice’s Rescue Cleanse, Rescue Detox Ice drinks also comes as 17 oz and 32 oz sizes to suit people less than or more than 200 lbs. To use, shake the bottle well, then down its entire contents. Refill it with water twice. Consume the liquid within 30 minutes.
You will have to urinate at least three times before taking the drug test. In general, it will take you about 60 to 90 minutes to pee thrice. Be patient. The urination process allows the body to flush out any unwanted toxins. You can expect the purifying effect to last for about five hours.
Retail Price: $22.99
4. Stinger Buzz 5X Extra Strength Liquid By Stinger Detox
The Buzz 5x Extra Strength is an ultra-concentrated concoction that promises a deep system cleansing. It is steadily building up a strong fanbase – with many consumers and reviewers vouching for its effectiveness. It is also a crowd-favorite among weed users.
This detox drink is especially lauded for its small size and palatable taste. At 8 oz, you will be chugging down less liquid than usual, even if you do have to consume water afterward. It also has a pleasant grape flavor that lacks an artificial or a cloying aftertaste. Or, you can go for the watermelon variant, which is equally potent at 5x extra strength.
As always, avoid all forms of toxins at least 48 hours prior. Take the product 60 to 90 minutes before the scheduled drug test. After finishing the contents of the bottle, refill it with water and drink. Repeat it four times. Wait for the elixir to work its magic, then pee as frequently as possible.
Retail Price: $54.95 (Grapes) and $55.95 (Watermelon)
5. Ultra Eliminex Premium 1 Step Cleansing System By Herbal Clean
Ultra Eliminex is reasonably new, but it is slowly gaining traction, especially with glowing reviews and five-star ratings abound online. It is from the same company that manufactures QCarbo32 – a heavily marketed and widely available detox drink. Unfortunately, it lags behind competitors in terms of efficacy. It also has an outdated formula that simply cannot get rid of some toxins.
Ultra Eliminex, though, is an entirely different story. This time, Herbal Clean finally figured out the right blend. It came up with a product that has more potent and more reliable cleansing abilities. This 32-ounce drink is so potent that you don’t even have to gulp down liters of water afterward. It features the brand’s premium infusion of botanical herbs, which aids the body in expelling unwanted substances.
Before using, shake the bottle thoroughly. Finish its contents within the next 15 to 30 minutes. Do not rush it; drink at a steady, comfortable pace. Urinate frequently over an hour, and make sure not to consume excessive amounts of water. After peeing several times, you can take the drug test.
As you might have noticed, Ultra Eliminex is the priciest product in this list – but rest assured that it is money well-spent.
Retail Price: $79.99
Bonus: Tips On How To Maximize The Effects Of The Detox Drink
Detox drinks are not fool-proof. It is not as simple as downing the beverage and expecting to test negative for THC metabolites every single time. It can happen, of course, but you do not want to risk it, especially if you are getting tested for employment and other essential reasons. That said, you do have to put in extra effort to get satisfactory results.
At the very least, you should have about 48 hours to prep the body.
- Abstain From Weed. If you want to flush out THC from your system, the first thing to do is stop your cannabis intake. It only makes sense. Do not expect the detoxification process to start without this crucial step.
- Do A Pre-Cleanse. Steer clear of toxins at least two days before the scheduled drug test. Aside from not smoking pot, say no to alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and other unnecessary medications as well. You want your body to be as clean as can be.
- Hydrate. Drinking enough water – about 6 to 8 glasses a day – assists the body in expelling the toxins. Do not overdo it, though. Excessive water intake might lead to other issues, and will not speed up the cleansing process in any way. On the day of the drug test, consult the label of the detox drink to know the recommended amount of water you should gulp down.
- Exercise. Remember, the body stores THC in the fat cells. By engaging in physical activities, you can burn some fats quickly, which, in turn, makes it easier for the system to flush out the compound.
- Have A Healthy, Balanced Diet. Before detoxifying, tweak your diet a little. Focus on nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, lean meat, and healthy fibers. Meanwhile, stay away from salt, sugar, and fats at all costs. Also, keep it light, as heavy meals will only slow down the detox process.
- Take The Detox Drink On An Empty Stomach. This will make it easier for the detox liquid to take effect. That said, do not eat or drink anything 3 to 4 hours prior.
- Avoid Certain Foods. Some foods can interfere with the drug test results and make you test positive for substances you have never used before, including opium, cocaine, and heroin. In that regard, do not ingest hemp seed-based products, poppy seed-based products, coca tea, and tonic water.
- Do A Home Drug Test. You can easily buy home drug test kits online. It will verify if your chosen detox liquid indeed works. That is one less thing to worry about on the day of the actual test.
Pass Your Drug Test With These Detox Drinks
Cannabis use – whether recreational or medicinal – is a personal choice. While it does offer many benefits – especially therapeutic, it also poses some risks and is highly addictive. Left unaddressed, it could result in substance abuse disorder. For this reason, it is considered illegal.
Even if you consume the plant responsibly, you still do not want THC to be detected in your urine. It can compromise your job prospects or spot in a sports organization, among others.
If you have limited time to prepare for a drug test, detoxifying drinks are your best bet. To be successful, opt only for tried-and-tested brands. More than that, do a pre-cleanse and prepare your body accordingly before consuming the product. Make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging to the letter. If you can, do a home drug test for an even higher chance of passing your upcoming drug test.
Remember, your mileage may vary. Simply put, what works for another might not work for you. Also, keep in mind that the efficacy of these products is not backed up by science, so use them with a grain of salt. In the end, you may have to experiment to see which brand does the trick.