A lot of people prefer having marijuana butter by mixing it in some of their recipes like cookies and brownies than smoking it since smoking poses a lot of other harmful effects, especially to those who are asthmatic. There are two ways to make marijuana butter, the traditional way and by use of the so-called Magical Butter Machine, the first ever weed extractor to ever exist on Earth.
Though making marijuana butter with this new machine invention is easy and fast, there are others who might find buying such tool for making something not that frequently consumed unpractical. So let’s just look at how weed butter is done using the traditional and the modern way.
Download our FREE
Want to know more about how to grow marijuana?
How to get bigger yield and when to harvest?
Then download our ebook now!!
- Start your butter making process by preparing your cannabis leaves.
- To make it easier for you to strain later, you can grind the leaves using a blender or a food processor.
- Put your blended or processed herb leaves to your pot. It would be better if you fill the pot (whatever the size of the pot you are using is) for about a third of the way.
- Add your sticks of butter and water. The butter and water should have a 1:4 ratio. For example, for 3 ounces of butter, you should add 12 ounces of water into it.
- Fill the pot until it is 2/3 full. Remember, don’t fill it all the way up, you might have trouble when it starts to boil later on!
- People have different opinions when it comes to heating up the mixture. Some say you have to low boil it, which means it could go on for long hours. It even takes some an entire day just boiling the mixture up. There are also others, however, who say that you should heat it as high as it can go and then turn it about ¾ down when half of the water already evaporates.
- Don’t forget to stir as needed.
- Add more water until the level is the same as when you started the heating process. Do this for about two to three times.
- You know that you’re done when you see a lot of oil floating on top of the mixture, about three to four hours later.
- Strain the mixture to separate the leaves from the marijuana butter mixture.
- You can squeeze the strained leaves into the mixture to get the remaining oil from them. The best way of doing this is by hand.
- Store the marijuana butter mixture to the fridge. It could take up to a few weeks before it could be used for baking so make sure to monitor it because mold might form.
The Magical Butter Machine Way
Making cannabutter using this little machine is easier and would take lesser work. You just have to read the manual that comes with it to get the best results possible.
- You basically just have to put the right amount of ingredients into the machine, it says four to eight grams of cannabis leaves for a stick of butter.
- Note that you should not pre-grind the herb to get best results.
- Add lecithin or eggs since they contain natural lecithin in their yolks.
- Set the temperature as instructed and select the setting you want.
- Wait for the machine’s beep indicating that its job is already done.
- Strain to remove the bits of the leaves and then let it cool.
I may have forgotten to mention that the Magical Butter Machine cleans itself with just a little help from you! *wink